Table of contents
Thank you for subscribing to Freja eID services.
Freja eID is an electronic identification (eID) solution for citizens and organisations which can be used for verifying one's identity in a number of online and real-life situations. The essential part of Freja eID service is a smartphone application which can be used for authentication and signing to all the services that are connected to the user's eID. The second part is a web portal – My Pages – where the user can control how their eID is to be used and has a full record of their user history. For more details, visit the Freja eID website.
This document contains instructions for the Relying Party (partner) applications on how to use the Freja eID Customer Environment and the mobile application in Test Mode for testing purposes.
The Freja eID mobile application is available for Android and iOS, and Test Mode is supported for both. The minimum required version for iOS is 11 and for Android, it is Android 5.0 Lollipop with API level 21.
About Test Mode
Freja eID Test Mode is an environment where Freja eID can be tested prior to/during integration.
Before you begin
To use the Freja eID app for testing, you need:
- To download Freja eID from Apple's App Store or Google Play.
- A valid email address you have access to.
In production, upgrading Freja eID requires data from a valid document. However, in Test Mode you may either:
- Auto-generate the necessary data via our Test Vetting Portal.
- Use your own document; supported documents are:
- Sweden: passport, driving licence, national ID card, Tax Agency ID card, SIS-marked ID card.
- Norway, Denmark, Finland, Germany and the United Kingdom: passport.
Depending on your choice, you may then need to prepare one of these documents as well.
Please note that Verisec has two different mobile applications in the stores: Freja eID and Freja Mobile. Make sure you download Freja eID and NOT Freja Mobile.
Using Freja eID in Test Mode
Entering Test Mode
To enter Test Mode:
- Download and launch the app.
- Choose a country and tap Register.
- Tap Start Test Mode to confirm that you want to use the Freja eID mobile application in Test Mode.
Whether you are in Test Mode should be apparent as the header in the app will turn orange, accompanied by an animation that says 'TEST'.
The application stays in Test Mode until you delete it from the device.
Overall, registering in Freja eID can be divided into:
- Basic: Creating an account with an email and setting a PIN.
- Extended: Adding a valid ID document. This includes adding the data and waiting to be verified by our security team.
- Plus: Doing a physical ID check at one of our agents. SWEDEN ONLY
Obviously, for testing purposes, many of these steps can be skipped.
Registering with a document
If you would like to try registering with your real document, just follow the instructions in the application (we have a detailed, step-by-step guide on our website).
When you send your data for verification, you will need to go to our Test Vetting Portal to approve yourself.
Just enter the email that you used into the field and click Upgrade.
If you selected 'Sweden' as your country, click Upgrade again to upgrade your account to Plus. As mentioned before, Freja eID Plus is only available in Sweden.
Registering by auto-generating data
If you would like to skip the process of adding a document or if you don't have a document that is supported in Freja eID, you can auto-generate the data.
Follow these steps:
- Create an account and set your PIN.
- Navigate to our Test Vetting Portal and enter the email you used to create your Freja eID account.
- Select the country you chose during registration.
- Enter the data you wish, generate your personal identity number, and click Upgrade.
- Go back to the application, your account should have been upgraded.
Possible Errors when Registering
Certain errors might occur during the registration process:
- The web-socket connection may be terminated during the registration process, in which case a connection error pop-up will appear. Ignore the error, the application will reconnect to the server within 3 seconds.
- Confirmation email might not be delivered. Check your Spam or Junk folder. If this doesn't solve the problem, try resending the email or redo the whole process again.
- If you use the same email address to register on multiple devices at the same time, you will get a registration error. Use Already a User > Add Device function to connect multiple devices to the same test account.
Deleting the Test Account
If you wish to delete your test account, use one of the following options:
- Go to Settings in Freja eID (icon in the lower right corner).
- Choose Delete Account.
Your test account will be removed from the database and you will be able to use the same email to register again.
This option exists in the Settings menu only when the app is in Test Mode.
From the Test Vetting Portal
- Navigate to our Test Vetting Portal.
- Go to the 'Delete User' tab.
- Enter the email address used to register the test account. Tap Delete.